We have expanded in 2014 like...
We have openings in our internship...
We have a photography internship available...
Colorado Fire Relief The cabin that...
Our blog was selected as one...
Have you seen our menu? Do...
We have launched our first campaign...
Every Wednesday from 9:30am to 11:30am...
Jason Lauve The architect of Industrial...
Kuestions with Kraddy
Matthew Kratz, aka Kraddy is an electronic musician. He began mixing drum and bass beats in San Francisco in the mid 90’s. By 2006 he had co-founded The Glitch Mob. He would leave the Glitch Mob to pursue his solo career. He has performed at Burning Man, Coachella, and Lighting in a Bottle.
1. When did you first start Djing?
“I started Djing in San Francisco in 96.”
2. Do you play any instruments?
“I can play drums, piano, and guitar. I’m best at piano these days.”
3. How did you come up with the name Kraddy?
“My name is Kratz. A high school friend started calling me Kraddy and it stuck. It was my nickname before I ever made music.”
4. What venue is your favorite to play in Colorado, US, and International?
CO- “I love the Abbey in Durango. We always have a rowdy show there.”
US- “Low End Theory is always so fun to play.”
International- “Would be at carnival in Brazil. I haven’t landed that gig yet.”
5. What is your favorite festival to play?
“Lightning in a Bottle”
6. What’s your favorite food on the road?
“Falafel. If I can get it.”
7. What was your favorite moment since going solo?
“Recording my album with Ross Robinson and Jon Theodore, and Cody Votalato.”
8. Goals for 2013?
“I have many. One is to work with some artist on new projects. Collaborate more.”
9. Any grimey stories from the road worth sharing?
“Many but none that I’m sharing.”
10. Any ritual (if any) before you go on stage?
“Breathe. Be grateful”
11. What should we be watching for this spring from Kraddy?
“I will be releasing my collaboration with Heavyweight Dub Champion – a dub remix of my album ‘Labyrinth.’ I will also be releasing compilation of my remixes and my mellowed tracks.”