Published on August 5th, 2011 | by gatsbyadmin0
The Gatsby Travel Bag – If your gonna travel….STEP CORRECT!!!
To be Gastby…you must travel! There is too much of the world unseen by our kind. The lavish trips to the jungle retreats, “If you are not moving….then your growing roots” – as my grandfather used to say. So after 10 trips this year, I felt it was time to touch on the “Travel Bag” of the Rich and Grimey.
Travel Bag 101 By: The Gatsby
1) Luggage – you must have a dapper piece of luggage. I use a Gucci – logo printed over sized bag. It is one of the best purchases I have ever made. Before I headed to an event in Hawaii, I purchased the bag. The pretty flapper next to me on the plane brought it up within 10 minutes of take-off, she was impressed that I had a Gucci but more importantly that I could talk high end luggage. Gucci, Burberry, and George Guest all make fantastic bags for day trip and also for overnights. Check them out if you don’t have a Gatsby dwelling for your Gatsby wardrobe.
2) Sunglasses – a must for any trip. 2 pairs is my rule.
SABRE, Dolce & Gabana , Gucci, The Hundreds , Gas Stations, or be a real playa…..The Stunner of the Month
3) A book – I do read. You should if you don’t. Magazines are in the kit….but a solid book to read on lay-overs, lines, luncheons alone, or a topic to bring up with new people where your going…….remember if you travel, you wont always be where you are…..so be diversified and cultured. Malcolm Gladwell is a fantastic author…Hunter S. Thompson……Wade Davis…….educate yourself my dear boy…..
4) Headphones – You can go ear buds or you can go with a “ear couch.” I have a great pair of Nixon headphones that are total couches. They cover the entire ear and blast sound. I love silence in the airport. Silence from the crowd and sounds of my own. Check Munitio…ear buds for the Bass enthusiast!!!!
5) Music – ’nuff said
6) Magazines – get a couple your interested in….Rolling Stone is a favorite of many a celeb and jet setter….fashion, music, distant destination, and finance magazines will enlighten your brain and also help with the new people your gonna have to talk “shop” with.
7) A Watch – How many times has your cell phone died on a great trip? How many times has a gorgeous woman grabbed your wrist to see the time? How many times has a gentleman commented on your lovely wrist wear? How many times have you shown someone a watch to read the time?…..all things you should start considering…..if your a true Gatsby. I have a Gucci Chrono, Tag Oyster Face Link, Michael Kors flat steel, and a Black on Black Croton . The bigger the better for Men. The crisper the better for Women. Michael Kors has a fantastic women’s watch collection, as does NOOKA for you hipster chics.
8) Hat & Cap – bring a high end head piece and a casual day rider. Always be ready for new adventures on your travels; their around every corner. New Era and a Brixton ….easy fix for this dilemma
9)Mouthwash – It’s easier to use. Easier to carry and most of all………keeps you fresh for a first impression.
10) Camera – of some sort….to make sure you have a record of what happened. When you re-connect or meet these people after your travel…you want to know what to talk about; like how you liked their shirt….or how funny it was at “blank” place…….also a thank you for showing you around town is always a great way to make a solid contact in a new area.
11) Something to share with your new market…….clothes, music, fashion, lifestyle, food……anything that you can share that will make a mark on your new friends. I have a personal gift that I bring to share and express my delight in any new area of fun, grime, Gatsby, or events.
You only get a first chance to make a Gatsby lasting impression
Good luck…………..Travel well…………