Published on July 9th, 2013 | by gatsbyadmin0
Dunkxchange coming to Denver!!
Dunkxchange is coming to Denver!
Gary Hughes – CEO/Founder
“I actually bought 3 pair of fake Heinekens Dunks from China online that cost me around $1400. I have a wife, kids and bills to pay. So, when I saved my money for sneakers, I wanted to get the kicks I was paying for. That’s when I came up with the idea for DXC/Dunkxchange. The name comes from one of my favorite shoes, the Nike Dunks, and I was inspired by my purchase of fake Heineken Dunks, the name DXC was created.”
Founded in 2005, DXC began as an event to give fellow sneaker lovers a place to buy, sell, trade and admire rare sneakers from all over the country. Over the past eight years and with 200 events down (3 to 7 events per month!), both nationally and internationally, Dunkxchange has evolved into an amazing event combining fashion, music, art and the community. This evolution has proven to draw a diverse crowd to events from Hawaii, to New Zealand to Vancouver to enjoy the collective environment of appreciating all things creative. The Dunkxchange now caters to a larger audience base with live performances, special guest DJ’s, celebrity attendance, clothing companies, art exhibits and other popular elements in the hip hop, urban, and streetwear culture. The DXC event coming to Denver promises to blend the very best of the Denver culture into a summer day like none other.
- Music By DJ KTone, KDJ ABove, & Special Guests
- Live Performances from Special Set By “Broken“(Denver), Ayelogics (Seattle), Kritikal (NYC), GOAT (Denver)
- MASSIVE Marketplace for Sneakers, Streetwear, Fashion, Accessories, Art & More
- Sneaker Battle Hosted By “Sneaks In Da House“
- Live Art Installation Presented By Kidrobot & Jolt of Guerilla Gardens with other Denver Artists
- Over $10,000 in Giveaways & Prizes
- Participants (Ink Monstr, The Freshness, Indy Ink, Kidrobot, Rastaclat, TITS, Westword, Emage, Stable, Ruckus, & Many More!)
- Located at the Exdo Event Center
1399 35th St Denver, CO 80205
July 21st, 1pm to 7pm
Pre-sale tickets – $10
For information on vendor booths (there are still spots open!), click here.
Never been to DXC? Check out what you’re missing…